AMAZON AID FOUNDATION’S
CLEANER GOLD CAMPAIGN
Join the Cleaner Gold Network and Take the Pledge
Civil Society and Industry Stand in Solidarity to Create Awareness, Action and Reform.
Amazon Aid Foundation is convening the Cleaner Gold Network, in an unprecedented initiative, to stand in alliance with outstanding organizations, companies, indigenous and forest communities, scientists, artists and global citizens to publicly pledge to protect the Amazon and its peoples, promote a cleaner supply chain for gold and demand the removal of all illegal miners from indigenous territories and protected areas. The Cleaner Gold network recognizes that until there are equitable and sustainable economic opportunities available across the Amazon and beyond, ASGM is an important economic solution for impoverished peoples. Formalization and regulation of ASGM and the supply chain will be key for creating less damage to the environment, support land recovery efforts and provide technology designed to keep the miners safe.
The Cleaner Gold Network stands in unification with movements in the US, the Amazon region, and around the world to counter racism and exploitation in all forms.
In return, Amazon Aid will honor your pledge and champion your work, along with all members of the network, to showcase a solutions-driven hub that breaks through silos to promote connected conversations and initiatives that lead to action and systemic change.
Members who pledge will receive:
- Inclusion of your logo and link to your work on the Founding Member Page on Amazon Aid’s website and social media outlets.
- Inclusion in the Cleaner Gold Campaign Official Public Launch.
- Social media & AAF Newsletter highlight of each org or member.
- AAF will feature accomplishments and case study information either through collaborative efforts or stand-alone initiatives.
- Speaking engagement and jointly produced event opportunities.
What We Hope For:
- “Pre-competitive” conversations around issues / solutions related to Cleaner Gold
- Identify “Blind Spots” based on experience/areas of specialization
- Social media amplification of Cleaner Gold initiatives
- Promote organizations, companies, indigenous and forest communities, artists, scientists, and stakeholders working to protect the Amazon and its people, mitigate issues related to illicit and unregulated gold mining in the Amazon and globally, and create policy change for regulation and governance within the gold mining sector.
- Global Awareness about issues related to illicit and unregulated gold mining and working systemic solutions to regulate the sector, demand the removal of illegal miners on all indigenous territories and protected areas, and create a transparent and cleaner supply chain from the ground to the consumer.